India, a country with 28 states and 7 union territories, operates in a parliamentary democracy system with a common law and a written constitution. Taxes are levied in India at the national and state levels. The principal national taxes on companies are the corporate income tax, minimum alternate tax, capital gains tax, dividend distribution tax, wealth tax and Indirect Taxes such as central sales tax, custom duty, excise duty and service tax. The States levy indirect taxes like value added tax (VAT), Entry Tax, Turnover Tax.
Transaction taxes are about to witness a major change as work towards implementing a goods and service tax (GST) across the country is underway.
We offer indirect tax consultancy, compliance and litigation support that is based on evolving taxation strategy that optimizes tax incidence in the following ways.
Indirect Tax Audit, Advisory and Litigation Support
- Advisory and opinions on various indirect tax aspects including contract review
- Indirect tax due diligence, tax optimization study and tax impact analysis
- Departmental Assessment and Audit representation services
- VAT audit and certification services
- Assistance in representing before various authorities on indirect tax matters.
Indirect Tax Compliance & Support Services
- Assistance in registration under State VAT laws, CST and Service Tax regulations
- Indirect tax retainer and compliance services
- Assistance in review, filing and obtaining tax exemption forms under CST/VAT regulations
- Advisory and assistance in Customs and Service tax (CENVAT) refund matters